Quick – what’s the first thing that comes to mind when I mention the word…
Which of these popped up for you?
- Investing is so complicated – I don’t understand it and never will
- I don’t have time for tracking my investments and knowing when to buy and sell
- The stock market? So risky! I might lose all my money!
- Crypto? Real Estate? Gold? How do I know what to choose?
- That’s just for rich people who can hire a personal finance advisor and have tens of thousands to invest.
- I don’t have any extra money for that kind of stuff – I can barely pay my bills as it is.
- 401K or IRA? Traditional or Roth? And isn’t that what Social Security is for?
- Retirement is so far off – I’ll worry about that later (when I get rich).
Hey, I get you.
And you’re not alone.
In fact, I was once where you are today.
Because while my decade-and-a-half of educational experiences taught me plenty about solving for X, memorizing datelines, and diagraming organic carbon compounds…
…it unfortunately neglected to teach me even the most rudimentary instructions for accomplishing what we all want financially.
What’s that, you ask?
Moving beyond working for my money – and getting my money to work for ME.
Determined to take charge of my financial future, I set out on a journey to educate myself. I read books, listened to speakers, and consulted with professionals. Here’s what I learned:
- While there is an element of risk in all investments, you can minimize that risk by diversifying investments over many companies, and by allowing them to grow over long periods of time.
- While the stock market as a whole has inevitable ups and downs, the average annual return is over 9%.
- Thanks to the magic of compounded interest, stock investments grow exponentially. A 7% return would mean your investment would DOUBLE every 10 years. This means that investing now, as opposed to 10 or 20 years from now, could mean double, triple or quadruple your end results.
- Because your money grows exponentially, even small investments can make a big impact, when allowed to grow over time.
- If, like most of us, you do not expect to get a pension from your employer, your standard of living at retirement depends on YOU. And the best way to grow your retirement income is to invest early and often.
Is your goal a down payment on a home, your child’s college education, weddings, retirement, or just for fun?
I’ve got good news for you! You don’t need a broker, a financial advisor, or thousands of dollars to start your investing journey. With some background understanding and the right tools, you can begin right now, using established, mainstream online investment platforms – and start letting your money work for you.
A Chinese proverb:
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.
The next best time is Today.
Disclaimer: Alisa Avruch is an educated investor, not a financial professional. All investments carry an element of risk, including loss of principle. Past results do not guarantee future returns.
Alisa Avruch is a self-educated investor who is committed to opening the world of investing to all frum Jews, regardless of financial background, income level, or stage of life. Following her own journey to educate herself about the stock market and investing, she distilled the tsunami of information down to the minimal, basic, practical information, to empower every individual and couple to start their journey to responsible and profitable investing.
Check out Alisa Avruch’s transformational, clear, and comprehensive course that will teach couples how to start investing in their future TODAY! Click here: https://skillnosh.com/product/the-no-shtick-quick-and-easy-guide-to-investing/